Saturday, October 22, 2011

Thank you JC! / ¡Gracias JC!

A few months ago I knitted a lopapeysa for my friend JC that lives in Buenos Aires, Argentina. Maybe you remember this picture of him:


Well, last week I got this package from the post office:


Yes! A package from JC! He chose a picture from my Flickr gallery (which is the same I have as avatar for my blog :) and made this:

¡Gracias JC!
Rodrigo en Þingvallavatn 
When I took it out of the box I couldn't believe how wonderful the painting was! It is just perfect! This is the first time that someone makes a painting of me... it is weird (but a good kind of weird, of course) to see one's self painted! Isn't it beautiful!?


¡Gracias JC!
This isn't a very good picture. There was something strange going on with the light today... I don´t know. This is just so you can have an idea of the size of the painting.


Now I have to find someone who can frame it nicely to hang it :)

Thank you so much JC for such a wonderful piece of art and friendship!

18 comments:

  1. sooooooooooooooooo amazing!!!! You get the best presents!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohhhh, que lindo , pero es toda una obra :)
    precioso , y de verdad , que hermoso regalo, cierto?

    feliz fin se manana rodri .. besitos

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, its really a fantastic painting. Two artists showed their skills... have a great weekend and greetings from Switzerland, Christa

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh¡ que maravilla es precioso, tu amigo es un artista¡

    ReplyDelete
  5. Una maravilla! Que suerte tienes! (y tu amigo también :-) )

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG!!! es hermoso Rodri!! que lo disfrutes mucho!!
    un beso!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oooh que guaaaaay no??estaras super contento :)....es super grande tambien!!! jeje, en fin un besote!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I did remember the picture of JC right away (before seeing it) and the wonderful lopapeysa you knit for him. What an amazing gift to give in return! It is truly amazing and what a treasure to have a painting of yourself. However, I actually laughed out loud when I saw the picture with you holding the painting with your serious, stern, staring into the camera face! I think I like your smiling, painted face better.:-) You look so nice smiling. Have you decided on what kind of frame you want for it? Where it will hang once framed? Will look forward to seeing the finished product.:-) Keep on smiling! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. tres jolie le portrait qu il a fait de toi
    bon dimanche

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gracias, thanks, merci, takk etc...! Nobody ever praised me this much, i'm flattered! The owner deserved it! But i should say that the picture that shocked me the most is the parcel i've sent from Buenos Aires... IT'S SMASHED! I wonder how it came that way to Iceland!
    Bueno, besos a todos!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Encantador regalo! yo quiero uno....!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. que pasada de pintura... claro que el jersei se lo merece!

    besos

    ReplyDelete
  13. Regalos entre amigos y artistas,
    a espectacular lopapeysa
    espectacular pintura!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. UAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!! que bonito!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. this is so nice..from both of you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fantastic painting!! :D

    You should be painted more often, it suits you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great gift! Fabulous painting!

    ReplyDelete