The result was ok. I made a Springbandit that looked fairly well:
By knitting this I learned a couple of things:
* Crochet provisional cast on.
* Read charts.
* That decreases slant! Yes... that was a huge discovery! And that slanting thing meant that I had to switch all the decreases of the pattern in order to get the lace well made because I am left handed!
* Blocking. This was the first project that I had to block and stretch for real. I remember that I had to block it twice because the first time I was so afraid of breaking the shawl that I didn't get it to blossom and show the pattern nicely!
About Noro... I think that it is totally over rated and over priced. It was really nothing special about it. It even had lots of knots! (I gave Noro a second chance but this time with Silk garden... it was much nicer and softer (and more expensive as well) I made a baby surprise jacket).
The shawl ended up frogged and later on became a cowl that my sister owns now.
|Aeolian: Swatch July 2009|
I put the Aeolian to sleep but a few weeks ago Kristín Hrund, Gummi and me were talking about how much we wanted to try to knit the Aeolian so we decided to make our own knit along (KAL). It will be really fun to see how similar or different out shawls turn out!
Now, I guess that after having knitted a few shawls the Aeolian will be much more simple than it did back in 2009!!
I am using on skein of Evilla 8/2 that I had left from knitting last Hyrna Herborgar that I made. The colors are so nice and go so strangely well together. For now I am done with the set up chart and 6 repeats of the Yucca chart. The pattern calls for 4 repeats of the Yucca chart for a shoulderette and 12 for a shawl. So I am making something in between.
|Aeolian: July 2011.|
I decided not to use beads this time. I think that it would be too much added to the color changes. But it will definetely have the nupps in the edge (I love nupps! Both to make them and the way they look!).
I have also finished the little bobbin lace sample that I was making with the new cotton thread that I found in Reykjavík. I am very, very happy with it! This is the first somehow more complicated pattern that I make using the bobbins. It is a combination of the exercises I made at the beginning.
|I am very pleased with this little piece!!|
In this little sample it is possible to see:
* A foot (which is the base of the piece).
* A torchon ground (made using half stitch).
* A fan (the orange section).
It is so nice and relaxing to work on bobbin lace! And it is above all very rewarding to see the results even though it is a small piece.
Now I am thinking about the next piece to try!