And here it is:
* Pattern: I made it myself! Yes, my first one!
* Yarn: Plötulopi (double strand).
* Needles: 4.5mm for the ribbing ad 5.5 for the rest.
* When I started to knit this lopapeysa I wasn't sure about how it was going to end... at all. The first thing I did was to work the waist pattern which I decided not to use in the arms because it was a little bit to big... so I designed a second pattern for the sleeves.
* The whole thing was turning very "flowery". My first idea for the yoke was to make a pattern using the traditional eight points star (or rose) and then some more flowers... but changed my mind and I went for birds (instead of even more flowers).
* I thought that birds and flowers could be a very nice (and somehow logical) combination. So, the birds gave the name to the pattern: ÞRÖSTUR, which means thrush or tordo in spanish. I have always thought that I have ever had to take an icelandic name for myself it would be Þröstur!
* While I was knitting the yoke I wasn't sure wether I was liking it or not (in terms of the colors, especially the lime green, and the pattern itself). I had a lot of doubts about how the whole thing was going to turn out. The yoke was pretty much designed on the run... while knitting.
* I am very satisfied with the whole thing. I am really looking forward to trying to design again!
** Pictures of me wearing it soon!!